Romans has been a care home since 1957 and has 27 beds.
It was previously run by West Sussex Housing Society, and became part of Keychange in 2011.
Built in the 1930s, Romans was subsequently extended in the 1970s to provide the current facilities. In the 1990s the dining area was extended and subsequently incremental refurbishment has taken place.
Romans is situated in a quiet conservation area of Southwick. There are gardens at the front of the building and these are lined with mature trees, most of which enjoy protected status. The gardens are well-maintained with lawns and flower beds.
Southwick lies close to the estuary of the River Adur and has its own post-Second World War charm as a holiday resort.