Care home Information
Roper House, Canterbury, Kent
Roper House is a residential home without nursing in Canterbury, Kent. We provide& 24 hour residential care for 27 deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing men and women with a range of needs including physical disabilities, mental ill health, learning disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, dementia and age related frailty. We are registered to support anybody over the age of 18 however the ages of the people we currently support ranges from 45 to 90.
What&s important to us?
- Providing a service that is person-centred and focuses on what the people we support want and like
- Embracing peoples differences and not discriminating
- Respect and dignity of the people living at the service
- That opportunities and fulfilment are not limited because people are deaf or have a hearing loss
- That the people we support have fun at home and in their communities
- Involving the people we support in the way their home is run
- Communicating with people in their preferred way and making sure that all information is accessible
- Continually improving ourselves and the service we provide
What people say about us:
“I was extremely impressed with the members of staff that I encountered as it was obvious that they were passionate about their work, and conducted it with a high degree of professionalism. I know that if ever a member of my family needed to use your services, they would be in good hands.”
Quote from PC O&Leary who visited the service for two days as part of his police officer training placement.
This is what CQC said about us at our most recent inspection:
The manager told us "people who we care for have complex needs. Few people have verbal communication so we ensure we observe people closely to enable us to understand their needs and wishes". We observed that staff interacted well with people and they showed a good understanding of peoples behaviours and needs.
Care home Location
- Pictures from the public
- Write a Review